Wednesday, March 23, 2016

Camp Omatua and Camp Weka

  Camp
My biggest challenge was the Fear Factor challenge, it was mainly teaching us not to say I don't like this food before we try it. At the end we had a race. In the race we had to eat one whole dry weetbix, we had no milk to wash it down. It felt like there was a whole lot of sand and dust in our mouths. Mrs H made up really yucky storyies about what we were going to eat. She said that coconut milk was snake blood and that it was chunky because the snake had blood clots. The person who finished first won a lollie. Zackery won the race he just shoved it in his mouth. Even though I didn't win the weetbix race I still got a lollie because Mrs H said I did very good and I tryed (tried) most of them.  After the Fear Factor challenge there was a yucky taste in my mouth.
Balin, Liam W.S, Zackery and me trying to find out what the disgusting thing we ate was.
Nevaeh, Joshua, Michael and Lealou are eating something yuck, you can tell by the look on their faces.

The thing I enjoyed the most was the arts and crafts thing that was set up in the hall. I showed the people that were there with me how to make a duck caller. All you need is a straw and some scissors.
1. The first thing you have to do is cut the top of the straw it looks like the tip of a triangle.
2. make the bit you cut flat then blow.
3. Those are the steps you need to know to make a duck caller.
4. Just enjoy.
The girls are having fun making things with the coloured and plain white paper.
Hunter, Ryan, Ben and Jacob V are creating things and joining
them together to make an even better creation. 

I had so much fun at camp. I didn't want to leave because I wanted to do more fun challenges like making something out of bamboo. Also when we left we went straight to Onekawa pools. Mrs H told us that she saw some of us diving off the platform and decided it was time she had a go. I jumped in at the deep end and Mrs H was in the water with a flutter board to keep us afloat.  I would like to thank all the parents that took time off work to come  to camp and the teachers for organising the camp for us.
The mummies are having a fun time dancing!

We are all laughing our heads off at the mummies dancing.

We have all gone crazy and we are throwing toilet paper at each other.

Me floating down the river at camp Omatua.

Go! Cahlia Go!




                                  




 

2 comments:

  1. Fantastic writing Faith - you have given a fun report on your time at camp. So good to see that you had a great time - but great to have you back home with us too!! xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had so much fun at camp but I missed you alot because I love being with you. At camp weka we had to go across a swing bridge it was very scary but fun :).

    ReplyDelete