Wednesday, May 11, 2016

I am poem


I am…

Success Criteria

Use a thesaurus to choose the best vocabulary

Choose the best nouns for the poem

Choose the best adjectives to describe some nouns

Leave the reader thinking about your poem by sharing what it inside you
I am a positive person.
I wonder how many people like playing in the bush like me.
I hear the sound of birds chirping all around me when I am in the bush.
I see Tui’s and Bellbirds leaping from branch to branch.
I want to inspire others to write amazing stories.
I am a positive person.
I pretend that I am a tiger prowling through the thick tall stalks of grass in the forest.
I feel wet soggy leaves brushing on my face when I gallop around outside.
I touch the trees to feel the different textures of the  bark.
I worry that we are polluting the air with all our food factories and cars.
I cry when I am hurt.
I am a positive person.
I understand that people are afraid to try new things.
I say things that will brighten up people's day.

I dream of becoming an author like Roald Dahl.

I try to make things the best that they can be.

I hope that one day I will become an extremely good author.
I am a positive person.

We have been learning to describe ourselfs in poetry by saying what we dream of and what we try to do. I am proud of my I am poem because I put a lot of effort into it. My goal for next time is to put more detail in each sentence to tell the reader a bit more about me. Something that challenged me was thinking about what I like to do because I like to do alot of things. The adjectives I used are prowling, polluting, and textures. I had alot of fun making my I am poem. I hope that the people that are reading will learn a little more about me and my p.

1 comment:

  1. Lovely words Faith, and so true - you are a positive person and you certainly brighten up the day for everyone around you. With your positivity and determination you can be what ever you want to be in life - and becoming an extremely good author is certainly something you can achieve. I'm very proud of you.

    ReplyDelete